Thursday 5 December 2013

Green Box

  The green box to the bottom left of my double page spread I have started to fill with a smaller story/information that would be interesting to the reader - a sub-article. From research of pop magazines I have noticed that very rarely would a professional magazine have only one article on a double page spread as they want to make the most of the space that is available and not swamp the reader with too much information on one article.

  To begin with I changed the original bolder lime green to a softer, pastel, pea green. I did this as I didn't want to make the spread look too bold and cheap. I created the box using the 'shape' option on Microsoft Publisher. The next step was producing the title for this sub-article. I produced the font using a font generator from the internet. The title is, "The Key to Music." The words 'the key to' are in a softer font that looks handwritten and 'music' is written in a bolder more hard hitting font for emphasis. I have produced the font in black so that the box is, again, not too bold and therefore does not make the article look to cheap and tacky.

No comments:

Post a Comment