Wednesday 5 March 2014

How did you attract/address your audience?

  The first step that I made concerning my target audience was to create a reader profile. This consisted of what sex the typical reader would be, their age range and their likes/interests. Once I had created this reader profile I researched into what this type of audience liked to read and what was popular among this age range. I looked at other music magazines and the colours, themes, designs and imagery that they used in order to help me produce a magazine that would appeal to my audience.
 


  From this research I noticed that this particular, young, girl orientated audience were attracted to very bold and colourful magazines as oppose to more discrete and minimalist magazines that slightly older women are attracted to for example: 
  I addressed my audience in an informal manner, to ensure that the reader feels at level with what they are reading and entices them to read on. I did this as more of a formal tone could make the reader feel inferior and not appeal to them.
 For the title of the magazine I have used something that is simple yet effective to engage the readers as it is not too complex for my young target audience. I selected my colour scheme so that it would appeal to the whole of my 8-14 year old audiences and at the same time my main-stream pop audiences. Such as pastel’s and splash colours. Furthermore I used young models for my magazine to appeal to younger girls because for example if i used a woman in her sixties as the model for my front cover this would not appeal to my young target audience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment